At Little Acorns we recognise the parents as the first and most important educators of their children. Staff work in partnership with parents providing care and education for the children. There are many ways in which parents can take part in making the setting a welcoming and stimulating place for children, such as:
- Sharing knowledge about their child’s needs, interests and progress with staff;
- Helping out at sessions;
- Sharing their own special interests with the children for example hobbies and their jobs;
- Helping to provide and look after the equipment and materials used in the children’s play activities;
- Taking part in events;
- Joining in community activities along with Little Acorns; and
- Building friendships with other parents whose children attend Little Acorns.
I’m sorry my uniform got dirty today…
There are times when your children may come home with marks on their uniform, initially this feels very frustrating but their uniform can tell a story of their day and the progress they are making when they play.